Job Title: Information Security Analyst
location: UK based, flexible (home-working option available)
employment type: Permanent
The successful applicant will not only demonstrate solid technical capabilities, but will also have a practical and methodical approach to the analysis and resolution of problems. Additionally, applicants must be competent and capable of communicating occasionally complex solutions at both a technical and non-technical level.
Working closely with highly experienced security consultants, the security analyst will conduct security assessments of network infrastructure, databases, and applications; review and evolve customer procedures and policies; and identify areas requiring remediation.
Other duties will include:
- Providing quality assurance of client facing documentation
- Delivering comprehensive client facing documentation
Candidates must have strong background in information technology (infrastructure, concepts etc.) and a good understanding of TCP/IP networks. Experience of network and application security testing tools, techniques and methodologies would be an advantage, as would experience conducting on-site security assessments.
- Minimum of 5 years information technology experience
- Ability to troubleshoot a "black box" problem to resolution - demonstrating skills of reasoning and logic
- A sense of professionalism and pride in delivering work of the highest quality and integrity
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networks and infrastructure (firewalls, routers, switches)
- Ability to interpret network and data flow diagrams
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written English) and ability to explain complex problems to non-technical customers
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
- Network/system administration
- Database technologies e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle
- Technical Security Controls (e.g. FIM, IDS, Log Analysis)
- Secure application development life-cycle
- Network/application penetration testing
- Cryptography and key management
- Vulnerability and security assessment