Job Title: Risk Manager
employment type: Perm
Leading IB is seeking a successful and highly motivated candidate to join their prime brokerage risk team. You will be working with a large portfolio of hedge funds and with significant exposure to the traders, management and Clients.
- Daily assessment of portfolio risk across a substantial client base and across a wide range of asset classes.
- Development of risk offering/platform and other risk initiatives
- Provision of risk management solutions to clients in relation to margin financing and leveraged trading.
- Developing enhanced internal and external reporting, focusing on adding value to the client and providing management with relevant risk information
- Close focus on financial markets, assessing the potential for risk issues to arise
Client Relationship Management
- Ownership of specific client relationships from a risk perspective. Responsible for developing these relationships (PM, CFO, COO etc) and delivering added value wherever possible.
- Dealing with client specific queries on a daily basis.
- Liaising with product development groups and Technology to deliver innovative solutions to client demands and enhance the client experience
- Assisting the sales effort to win new business through presentations, client pitches etc.
- Working to identify opportunities for clients to optimise client capital allocation
- Excellent product skills across multiple asset classes (Equity, Credit, Fixed Income, Derivatives)
- Client focused
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and remain calm under pressure
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Strong IT skills an advantage
- Self motivated and driven
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Business acumen - driven to challenge the norms and to explore business expansion opportunities.