Job Title: Manager Operational Risk Review
employment type: perm
The Manager, Operational Risk Review will:
Assist the Head of Operational Risk Review in developing the annual Operational Risk Assurance plan.
Deliver own areas of the annual Operational Risk Assurance plan.
Undertake adhoc reviews that may be required from time to time.
- Assist the Head of Operational Risk Review to formulate an annual Operational Risk Assurance plan across the Company.
- Undertake testing programme in line with the Operational Risk Assurance plan, including:
- Completing the review within the planned timeframe,
- Identifying all key operational risks (issues) within the area being tested,
- Assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of any compensating controls,
- Produce high quality written reports in line with agreed timeframes.
- Assist the Head of Operational Risk Review to develop and implement:
- A process and standard template documentation for use when undertaking reviews,
- Management information for reporting to appropriate governance forum.
- Ensure that the RACA is being maintained, updated regularly and considered appropriate to the business area.
- Recommend changes to controls/procedures where these are considered to be insufficient to mitigate underlying risks. Ensure that associated risk documentation e.g. RACA is updated as required.
- Review findings from the 1st Line of Defence testing and consider if any systemic issues are developing.
- Ensure all issues raised are clearly articulated, agreed with relevant business management and workable action plans for resolution are agreed, implemented and sustainable within a realistic timeframe.
- Provide assistance, where required, to the Company X Operational Risk team in monitoring clearance of issues raised during surveillance reviews.
- Provide specialist consultancy support, where appropriate, for the Company X Operational Risk team for new products, projects, policies and procedures and emerging operational risk themes.
- Assist the Business Process Change Control Process ensuring all proposed changes to existing processes and controls are assessed and either agreed or challenged if appropriate. Ensure a full log is maintained of all proposed changes and their current status.
- Keep abreast of emerging industry issues and where appropriate (and possible) undertake a gap analysis of current Company X processes and controls to identify any potential issues.
- Experience of working in either Internal Audit or Operational Risk within the same function and a similar business (ideally 5 yrs +).
- Ability to communicate and challenge effectively at all levels within the organisation.
- Understanding of process mapping and redesign would be an advantage.
- Ability to challenge effectively and constructively.
- Posses a passion for continuous improvement.
- Results driven with ability to work to tight timescales.
- Excellent report writing techniques and skills is a pre requisite.